References and Community ResourcesUtah Department of Health, Tobacco Prevention and Control Program website: [http://www.tobaccofreeutah.org]
Tobacco Free Resource Line: 1-877-220-3466
More information on the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System is available at the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - [http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/]
More information on changes to the BRFSS methodology can be found at [http://health.utah.gov/opha/OPHA_BRFSS.htm].
More Resources and Links
Evidence-based community health improvement ideas and interventions may be found at the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) WONDER Database, a system for disseminating public health data and information.
- United States Census Bureau data dashboard.
- Utah healthy Places Index, evidence-based and peer-reviewed tool, supports efforts to prioritize equitable community investments, develop critical programs and policies across the state, and much more.
- County Health Rankings
- Kaiser Family Foundation's StateHealthFacts.org
- Medical literature can be queried at PubMed library.