References and Community Resources[https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/unintendedpregnancy/index.htm]
Affordable Care Act Expands Prevention Coverage for Women's Health and Well-Being: [https://www.hrsa.gov/womens-guidelines/index.html]
Preventing Unintended Pregnancies By Providing No-Cost Contraception (Piepert, 2012): [https://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2012/12000/Preventing_Unintended_Pregnancies_by_Providing.7.aspx]
Preventing Unplanned Pregnancy: Lessons from the States (Sawhill & Guyot, 2019): [https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Preventing-Unplanned-Pregnancy-2.pdf]
Increasing Use of Contraceptive Implants and Intrauterine Devices To Reduce Unintended Pregnancy (ACOG, 2015): [https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2015/10/increasing-access-to-contraceptive-implants-and-intrauterine-devices-to-reduce-unintended-pregnancy]
More Resources and Links
Evidence-based community health improvement ideas and interventions may be found at the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) WONDER Database, a system for disseminating Public Health data and information.
- United States Census Bureau data dashboard.
- Utah healthy Places Index Map, evidence-based and peer-reviewed and supports efforts to prioritize equitable community investments, develop critical programs and policies across the state, and much more.
- County Health Rankings
- Kaiser Family Foundation's StateHealthFacts.org
- Medical literature can be queried at PubMedlibrary.