References and Community ResourcesCDC Tobacco Use and Pregnancy[[br]]
March of Dimes[[br]]
Health Consequences of Smoking - Surgeon General Fact Sheet[[br]]
The Surgeon General's Report 2010: A Report of the Surgeon General: How Tobacco Smoke Causes Disease: The Biology and Behavioral Basis for Smoking-Attributable Disease, Executive Summary[[br]]
50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General[[br]]
More Resources and Links
Evidence-based community health improvement ideas and interventions may be found at the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) WONDER Database, a system for disseminating public health data and information.
- United States Census Bureau data dashboard.
- Utah healthy Places Index, evidence-based and peer-reviewed tool, supports efforts to prioritize equitable community investments, develop critical programs and policies across the state, and much more.
- County Health Rankings
- Kaiser Family Foundation's StateHealthFacts.org
- Medical literature can be queried at PubMed library.