References and Community Resources[http://www.diabetes.org American Diabetes Association]
Much of the information for this indicator was taken from the American Diabetes Association.
Diabetes Prevention Program
[https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes?dkrd=lgdmn0026 National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse]
[http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes Division of Diabetes Translation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention]
[http://www.diabeteseducator.org American Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists]
Information on registering for self-management prediabetes and diabetes programs can be found [http://livingwell.utah.gov/index.php here].
More Resources and Links
Evidence-based community health improvement ideas and interventions may be found at the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) WONDER Database, a system for disseminating Public Health data and information.
- United States Census Bureau data dashboard.
- Utah healthy Places Index Map, evidence-based and peer-reviewed and supports efforts to prioritize equitable community investments, develop critical programs and policies across the state, and much more.
- County Health Rankings
- Kaiser Family Foundation's StateHealthFacts.org
- Medical literature can be queried at PubMedlibrary.