|Utah Small Areas||Age in Years||Lower Limit||Upper Limit||Note|
Record Count: 68
|Box Elder Co (Other)||79.8||79.0||80.6|
|Cache Co (Oth)/Rich Co (All)||81.6||81.0||82.2|
|Morgan Co (All)/Weber Co (E)||81.5||80.9||82.1|
|Woods Cross/North Salt Lake||81.8||80.9||82.6|
|SLC (Rose Park)||78.1||77.3||78.9|
|SLC (Foothill/U of U)||85.1||84.4||85.9|
|West Valley (West)||78.2||77.7||78.8|
|West Valley (East)||78.3||77.5||79.1||##|
|West Valley (East) V2||78.0||77.0||79.0||#|
|South Salt Lake||73.0||72.1||73.9|
|Taylorsville (E)/Murray (W)||78.1||77.4||78.8|
|West Jordan (NE)||79.4||78.4||80.4||##|
|West Jordan (NE) V2||77.2||75.9||78.5||#|
|West Jordan (SE)||78.3||77.6||79.1|
|West Jordan (W)/Copperton||81.2||80.2||82.2|
|Utah Co (South)||78.8||78.0||79.5|
|Grand/San Juan Co||78.4||77.4||79.3|
|Washington Co (Other)||81.4||80.9||81.9|
|Southwest LHD (Other)||78.3||77.5||79.2|
Data NotesThe method developed by C.L. Chiang was used to compute life expectancy. [[br]]
[[br]] ##Due to Utah Small Area reclassification, numbers for 'West Valley (East)', 'West Jordan (NE)', and 'Kearns' only include data for 2009-2011.
[[br]] #Due to Utah Small Area reclassification, numbers for 'West Valley (East) V2', 'Kearns V2', 'Taylorsville (West)', and 'West Jordan (NE) V2' only include data for 2012-2013.
[[br]] To get more information on Utah Small Area definitions, please go to http://health.utah.gov/opha/IBIShelp/sarea/UtahSmallAreaInfo.pdf.
[[br]] U.S. 2012 estimate from NCHS Data Brief No. 168 October 2014.
- Utah Death Certificate Database, Office of Vital Records and Statistics, Utah Department of Health
- Population estimates produced by staff in the UDOH Center for Health Data and Informatics. Linear interpolation of U.S. Census Bureau and ESRI ZIP Code data provided annual population estimates for ZIP Code areas by sex and age groups, IBIS Version 2013
- National Vital Statistics System, National Center for Health Statistics, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- by Sex, Utah and U.S., 1980-2013
- by Ethnicity, Utah, 2009-2013
- by Utah Small Area, 2009-2013, and U.S. 2012
- by Local Health District, Utah, 2009-2013 and U.S. 2012
- by Race, Utah, 2009-2013
DefinitionLife expectancy is an estimate of the expected average number of years of life (or a person's age at death) for individuals who were born into a particular population.
How We Calculated the Rates
Date Indicator Content Last Updated: 11/10/2014